New Leader Circles
About The New Leader Circles
The FBN NxGi Committee now has a programme dedicated to New Leaders: “The New Leader Circles” (NLC). Made by New Leaders for New leaders, this programme offer NxG members that are currently embarking on leadership roles within their family business, the opportunity to participate in small focused peer groups tackling topics New Leaders are facing.
The aim of those peer circles is to share, in confidence common challenges: working hard in earning a leading role in the business, building our own families and sometimes also constructing the family governance.
Several Circles have already been launched in FBN Member Associations with great feedback:
“I opened up and discussed issues I would never share. I felt truly happy and relieved.”
“I reflected about my life and realized what I really want to do.”
“NLC made me stronger and more capable to deal with family business situations.”
“I gained new insights about myself that I never realized or thought of before”
To support Member Associations in launching their own circles, the NxG NLC Team offers several services
The trainings are moderated by NxGs and experienced moderators in the Family Business field. Lasting for two days, with a maximum number of 15 participants.
- A training program offered to Next Generation (NxG) members to raise awareness on key aspects to achieve successful leadership and positive family business dynamics.
- Experience a new type of training that is very experiential and interactive.
- Learn facilitation skills and participate in small focused peer groups (Circles) tackling common challenges new Leaders face.
- Facilitate Next Generations deep networking and exchange of experiences in your own peer group after the training.
- Each trained facilitator will then be part of FBN “International New Leader Circle Facilitators” circle and benefit from direct and ongoing peer support.
- Understand key drivers of family business dynamics.
- Learn how to apply facilitation skills to grow personally and professionally
- Present and discuss solutions to common challenges faced by New Leaders within the family business
- Deep networking opportunities with other next generation members from family businesses.
A two hours highly interactive workshop to experience the power of small group discussion and identify peers who would be willing to join a Circle adventure.
Circles Kick Off
A hands on support to launch your first circle, from defining the agenda, support you in facilitating your circle to establishing your action plan!
View the home made video from our Facilitators Training held in Lausanne : View the Video
Should you want to join a circle or attend one of the next NLC activity, please connect with your Member Association or get in touch with the NLC Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Your NLC Team
Dominique Otten-Pappas, Tamas Kurti, Samuel Maldonado, Rania Labaki, Roland Zymanski