What do we offer to NxGs?
A unique and secure place to:
- Learn from leading experts and entrepreneurs from all over the globe
- Meet with NxG peers and share experiences
- Build up your social network
- Gain leadership experience
- Have fun!
NxG Activities include:
Who are We?
An international network of over 2,800 young family business owners, in 60 countries, all belonging to the same but intimate community.
By NxGs for NxGs
FBN NxG International activities are led by the NxG Leadership Team – an international group of Next Generation people, all in different phases of involvement in their family businesses.
Click Here to Meet the NxG Leadership Team!
To maintain, support and energize Next Generation members of families in business, who experience similar challenges, in a trusted environment.
Happier families and sustainable businesses through an aware and inspired Next Generation.
SHARING – RESPONSIBILITY – CONFIDENTIALITY – ACCESSIBILITY – INCLUSIVENESS – FUN
Why a Next Generation Programme?
Next Generations face challenges on a daily basis:
– Do I want to enter, or stay in the family business?
– How can I help the Senior Generation to manage the transition from one generation to another?
– How can I leave my mark on the business?
– How do I manage clashes between family expectations and my own desires?
– My friends do not understand my position, with whom can I share my concerns with and get insights from?
At FBN-NxG we provide a worldwide network dedicated to Next Generation members. It allows them to share their experiences and concerns, improve their international awareness and learn from people of the same age group. It helps them gain the skills and support that will strengthen success.
Are you a Next Generationer?
Our Next Generation Programme is just for you if you are ages 18 to around 40 and:
– You have not yet joined the family business and you are still in education or at an early stage of a career outside the family business; or
– You have started working for the family business and would like to develop skills in areas such as conflict management, negotiation, communication; or
– You have been working in the family business for some time and are now in the advanced stages of the succession process, and you would like to develop leadership and entrepreneurial spirit.
“FBN NxG has become my chosen family. I take every opportunity there is to meet my NxG peers as FBN gives us a safe space where we can learn and grow together.” Maya Færch, 6th gen, Denmark
– By NxGs for NxGs: Teams of NxG volunteers are behind all activities nationally and internationally. This is how we ensure great content and relevance
– Local and global: We are a local and global community building global events on the activities of our 31 local member associations expanding 60 countries worldwide
– Non-soliciation: FBN NxG is a safe space for peer to share, learn and grow. We don’t have aggressive sponsors, and our events are all by families for families. So… If you only want to sell products or services, please go somewhere else.
– Across generations: Though this is a welcoming letter to all NxG’s joining, please be aware that we also have activites for the older generation and provide a space to learn and grow with your parents, spouses, uncles, grandparents etc.
Values of the community:
Everything we do is based on a strong set of values that we expect all members to follow when you are interacting at events, on our SoMe platforms or privatly. There values are:
– SHARING: We don’t learn if we don’t share, so be open about your story and background and expect the same openness from your peers.
– CONFIDENTIALITY: What ever happens in FBN stays in FBN. If we cannot be open with one another we are just like all other networks, so please don’t share names and stories unless agreed with the people behind.
– INCLUSIVENESS: We are a global community for all family businesses across size and industry. Everybody is welcome. If you are rich or poor, happy or miserable, black, yellow or white, we know that we share the same stories and issues, so please feel welcome!
– FUN: Without challenges you don’t have growth. But without fun you don’t have joy. FBN should always be a fun place to be.